"...and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."
Back to Eschatology Index
International Conditions Preceding Christ's Second Coming
- Constant rumors of war (Matthew 24:6).
- Increasing world conflicts accompanied by pestilence and famine (Matthew 24:7; Isaiah 13:4, 5).
- Economic perils such as the nations have never known (Matthew 24:21,22; Mark 13:19; Daniel 12:1).
- The people impotent to help themselves (Ezekiel 7:17,18).
- Gold and silver valueless as exchange (Ezekiel 7:19).
- Disastrous earthquakes (Matthew 24:7).
- Increasing commotions within nations (Luke 21:9).
- Fearful sights and great signs (Luke 21:11,25).
- People's hearts failing for fear (Luke 21:26; Isaiah 24:17,18).
- Perilous conditions in general (II Timothy 3:1-5).
- Collapse of great fortunes (James 5:1-8).
- Nations utterly broken down (Isaiah 24:19,20; 51:6).
- Days of darkness and gloominess (Joel 2:2).
- Hellish war devices (Joel 2:3-5).
- World empire attained; its final destruction (Daniel 2:40-45).
- Many traitors, fifth columnists (Mark 13:12; Luke 21:16; II Timothy 3:3,4).
- National revival of Israel (Mark 13:28).
- Russia and German, as one, eventually attempt to grab riches of Palestine (Ezekiel 38,39).
- Increasing persecution of Christians and Jews (Daniel 7:21,22; Jeremiah 30:7,13-16; Matthew 24:9; Mark 13:13).
- Final rise of an anti-God world dictator demanding allegiance of all (Daniel 7:24-26; Revelation 13:1-18); honors the god of forces (Daniel 11:36-39); overthrows many nations (Daniel 11:41, 42).
- Wastes of Palestine cultivated after many centuries of barrenness (Isaiah 43:19,20; Ezekiel 34:26,27; 36:4-10,30,34,35).
- Hebrew language revived after being long dead (Zechariah 3:9).
- Jews return to Palestine in large numbers (Isaiah 43:5,6; 49:19; Jeremiah 23:3; 30:3; Ezekiel 11:17,18; Hosea 3:4,5).
- Seven years of consummation, the Great Tribulation, time of awful trouble for the Jews (Jeremiah 30:7; Daniel 9:27).
Religious Conditions Preceding Christ's Second Coming
- Organized atheism mocks religion (Jude 18).
- Rulers take counsel against God (Psalms 2:2,3).
- True religion waning, iniquity abounding (Matthew 24:12,38).
- General apostasy in Christendom (II Thessalonians 3:3).
- Increase of spiritualistic practices (I Timothy 4:1-3).
- Religion largely a matter of form (II Timothy 3:5; Revelation 3:16,17).
- Many will not endure sound doctrine (II Timothy 4:3,4).
- Damnable heresies spring up overnight (II Peter 2:1-3).
- Religious fakers work seeming miracles (Mark 13:22).
- Preachers ridicule the teaching of Christ's second coming (II Pet.er 3:3,4).
- A great world religious federation takes shape, headed by a false prophet of great power (Matthew 24:5,11,24; Revelation 13:11-18).
- A great religious war is headed by the Beast with Palestine as the cockpit (Zechariah 14:1-3; 12:2,3; Revelation 16:16; 19:11-21).
- Jew-hatred once and for all judged (Isaiah 49:26; 60:14; Jeremiah 30:16,17).
- In the midnight hour of the age the Lord Jesus Christ comes first for His own (Matthew 25:6).
- Every eye shall see Him (Revelation 1:7).
- Christ in Person (John 14:3; Acts 1:11; I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- Sleeping saints are raised, living believers are translated to meet Christ in the air (I Corinthians 15:51-54; Philippians 3:21; John 5:24-29; I Thessalonians 4:15-17).
- The Great Tribulation followed by His glorious coming (Matthew 24:29,30).
- The Beast Empire destroyed (Daniel 2:45).
- Throne of latter-day dictators wiped out (Daniel 7:9-18).
- All evil forces removed (II Thessalonians 1:7-10; Matthew 13:41).
- All wickedness punished; righteous rule established (Psalms 98:8,9; Isaiah 2:4-22; 13:11,12; 24:21; 26:20,21).
- Peace restored to the Holy Land, the homeland of Israel (Isaiah 60:15-22; 62:1-10; Jeremiah 31:4-13; 33:7-18; Ezekiel 34:12-14,23-28).
- The Jews worship the King of kings (Ezekiel 36:22-38; 37:21-28; Hosea 14:4-9; Zechariah 12:10-12).
- Christ's glorious and universal reign (Psalms 47:5-9; 72:1-17; Isaiah 11:1-12; 25:8,9; 35:1-10; 65:17-25; Micah 4:1-8; Zechariah 2:10-13; 14:20,21; Revelation 21:1-7).
— Source Unknown